Achievements

July 9, 2013

Extraordinary



Hi!

It's CAS-ual Friday Challenge time! This week the challenge is Material Girl, use any kind of material like fabric, felt, canvas etc. This card came to me as i was working on another card, i still had on my desk a couple left over fabric birds from another project and when i saw them, my brain started churning out ideas. After i completed the other card i whipped this one up.

CFC108


I picked a pink cardbase, (i usually go for white, then cover it!) I looped and tied some twine. Then i found on my desk these wood veneers that i just got and started playing with the placement of the bird, twine and embellishments.


When i got it the way i wanted it, i thought it still need a little something and that's when i stamped a flourish with watermark ink. Then i just adhered all my embellishments.


Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Fabric bird: Fabric from Joanns, interfacing, die cut from Silhouette America
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Fancy Flourishes
Twine: May Arts
Embellishments: Wood Veneer - Studio Calico

7 comments:

  1. I usually use white & cover it too :) I love love love the tone-on-tone swirls, and the twine, and those little veneers! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an impact that pink card base makes! Gorgeous, designer card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that wood thingy. I would be a scrooge and only put one on PER card! couldn't bear to part with those loves, but sure does give your card a cool texture feel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, I love the fabric bird combined with the wood veneers! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous :) I love how you placed everything on ur card to make a perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love where the design ended up on your bird! Great color choice for your base too. A good reminder for me to step away from the white all the time! Thanks so much for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete