Achievements

August 26, 2013

Oh What Fun

Good Morning!!

Today i have another card for Papertrey Ink's Stamp-a-faire. This one is for the Sprinkle of Salt Challenge.  This challenge didn;t turn out very well for me. I think the reasons are 1. regular salt (they used sea salt) and 2. I used too much salt. Regardless i really like how it turned out!


I cut a piece of watercolor paper and stamped 3 rustic snowflakes and my sentiment with versamark ink. I embossed them with clear sparkle embossing powder. Then i used Enchanted Evening and Blueberry sky Ink with water to color the panel.


Then when it was still mostly wet i added the salt. I think too much as i only had the nice molting look in 2 spots (see the close ups!)


Next i added white gems to the center of each snowflake. Last i adhered the panel on a kraft cardbase with foam dots.

Thanks for stopping by!! (yes there still 3 (i think) Stamp-a-faire cards to come today!!)

Dana

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink: Rustic Snowflakes, Take Three - Winter
Ink: PTI: Enchanted Evening, Blueberry Sky
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Kaleidoscope
Embellishments: Gem Stones - The Paper Studio

3 comments:

  1. This is so soft and pretty! Loving the blues and I love the sentiment....has me singing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it didn't turn out as you'd hoped but I think it looks awesome! I've never tried the salted technique...it sounds like WORK, ew :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i love it! i'd call this a successful technique...especially a first attempt!

    ReplyDelete