Achievements

August 15, 2013

Twine Flowers



Hello!!

It's almost Friday!!! And the day's are ticking down for the start of the Fall semester :( Today i have a card that made for The Twinery's Inspired by Pinterest Challenge.

I used this picture for my inspiration.

orange
Photo Credit

To start i picked out the pink pillow, blue side table, and dark pink flowers and matched them to The Twinery twine.


I decided to make flowers, so punched 3 small circles and adhered matching rhinestones to the center of each circle. Then with some glossy accents for glue, i adhered the twine around the rhinestone layer by layer.


Next to pull in the color and pattern of couch, i found some yellow cardstock and stamped it with a background stamp with orange ink. I trimmed the panel a little shorter then my cardbase, but when i placed it on the cardbase it was too much yellow/orange, so i cut the panel in thirds and trimmed off a little extra. 


But it still wasn;t enough white, the photo has a lot of white from the floor to the wall. So i punched a white border and placed this across the card. Then i stamped the sentiment Happy Birthday and adhered my flowers along with some die cut leaves.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Wishes Come True. Hero Arts - Leaf Floral Background
Twine: The Twinery - Caribbean, Blossom, Pink Sorbet
Distress Ink: Spiced Marmalade, Frayed Burlap, Black Soot
Die: Papertrey Ink - Leaf


3 comments:

  1. Loving that bright background and the fun twine flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dana, those bright colours! I love the orange layer - and those twine flowers are brilliant :)
    (I'm sorry for YOU that school starts soon....but I can't wait for my kids to go back. Teenagers at home 24/7? I cry uncle.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so pretty and SO textural! the twine flowers are a great idea!

    ReplyDelete