Achievements

April 11, 2014

Purr-fect Day!

Hey there!!

Today i have a card i made for Newton's Nook Designs Inky Paws Challenge #8. Its a sketch challenge (today's the last day!):


I started by die cutting a tag from watercolor paper. I stamped the images, doing a little masking, then coloring them with distress markers. I used a very dark deep pink card base and found some stripe pink pattern paper to match.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I trimmed the pattern paper to cover the bottom half of the card base and used a scrap of Kraft paper as a border btw the card base and the pattern paper. I also die cut a banner from Kraft and stamped the sentiment in brown ink, then added it to my card base along the Kraft border.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I added some twine to the tag and adhered it to my card base with foam dots.Last i added a couple of sequins! (cuz i made a mistake that i needed to hide... i mean i wanted to from the get-go.... really! )  :D

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps


Have a great day!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Newton Nook Designs - Newton's Antics
Distress Markers: Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet,Aged Mahogany, Pumice Stone, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Scattered Straw, Tea Dye
Sequins: Neat And Tangled - Festive Fall Mix
Dies: Reverse Confetti - Tag Me

4 comments:

  1. Dana, how absolutely darling! The reverse tag, the sweet kitten, the colours = perfect! I'm calling winner, winner with this delight!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this design with the upside down tag and the coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dana! that upside down tag is such a cute idea! Love it! Such an adorable card - thanks so much for playing along with our Inky Paws Challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Mistakes are just an opportunity for embellishment, right? :) lol!
    Love the colouring on that sweet kitty - and what a neat tag shape!

    ReplyDelete