Achievements

July 25, 2014

Be Inspired Challenge #55 - Take 1

Hiya!!

Its week 2 with the new photo inspiration over at The Alley Way's Be Inspired Challenge!! The photo is positively yummy!!! I really would love a glass of whatever is in those jars!!! Here's the photo:


I love the colors in this photo and i like to think that the drink is a strawberry limeade, so i went in the strawberry direction! To start i stamped the tiny strawberries from the Hey Cupcake stamp set on watercolor paper. I colored them with my distress markers, cut them out and added a little Wink of Stella.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Next i wanted to see if i could hang them in a circle window and was hoping the would hand nicely! Well it turned out pretty good! I die cut the circle with a spellbinder circle die. Then i cut the next biggest circle die out of some minty green polka-dot paper. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

I added twine and twine bows to each of my strawberries, then i glued them to the inside of the card, making sure you could see them in the circle. To hide the twine and give the strawberries a background i added the green circle with foam tape to the inside of the card, kind of like a shadow box. I decided not to adhere the strawberries with foam tape, but instead left them to hand free. They only move if you shake the card.

Last i bent and stamped the sentiment sweetness around the circle and with a grey marker added lines along the card's edge.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! You have 3 weeks to play along with us at the Be Inspired Challenge, i hope to see your creations!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Hey Cupcake
Distress Markers: Fired Brick, Barn Door, Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters
Copic Multiliner - Grey .5
Ink: Versafine - Smokey Grey
Pattern paper: Dear Lizzy - Neapolitan


5 comments:

  1. Love those hanging strawberries, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is sooo SWEET!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you did this. Those strawbs are gorgeous and look so inviting against that green background. Love that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, those drinks look good! I love the berries hanging from the twine - too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not much of a fruit eater (I know, I know...) but when it comes to berries, count me in! Especially strawberries! Yours here, especially against that charming minty backdrop, are delightfully yummy! What a fabulous idea to suspend them. The curved sentiment and hand-drawn border are the perfect special touches! Awesome inspiration, my friend!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete