Achievements

July 3, 2014

Thanks & a Hello

Hi there!!

Today i'm sharing 2 cards with you! Recently i was playing with The Alley Way Stamps new July release and i used Pick One to make a 8.5 x 11 pattern paper. I used my silhouette to cut various shapes from the sheet and today i'm sharing 2 cards made with 2 of the shapes. You can check out this post to see another card i made and there will be more cards to come as i use up all the shapes i cut from that one piece of stamped card stock.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

From my sheet of card stock i was able to get 2 card fronts (along with a few other shapes). It was super easy to do in the Silhouette software. I opened a square and increased the size to 4.24 x 5.5. Next i opened Big Chatter's SVG and deleted all but the first mat for the Thanks and Hello sentiments. I moved the sentiments to the centers of the card fronts, added my other shapes and cut!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

I also cut several of the SVGs for the Pick One set (from plain white card stock). I stamped several of the flowers and leaves in similar colors as my background. I set them aside to use later.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Next i removed the cut sentiments from the card fronts and backed them with a dark pink. Then i stamped the matching sentiments in the window the SVG sentiments made. I adhered the fronts to card bases and rounded the bottom corners.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

Last i added a few sequins and a couple of the die cut flowers with foam dots! I'm kind of on the fence on how these cards turned out! Do you ever feel that way?? On one hand i really like them, but on the other i think they are a bit busy! But other ladies have told me its not too busy, but i am sure its a mater of opinion, like all art is!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

The Alley Way Stamps SVG: Big Chatter















3 comments:

  1. Love the floral print you created and the popped up flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great colours! I don't think they're too busy at all - but I also know I don't love everything I make either :) It's allowed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I see here are two dazzling, vibrant, happy-making cards! Your patterned backgrounds are incredibly eye-catching! A wonderful way to maximize your stamps (something I need to do more!). Another duo of delight!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete