Achievements

November 18, 2014

Merry & Bright

Hi there!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far!! Next week is Thanksgiving!! I have a love/hate relationship with Thanksgiving, one one hand i love the family time and a big dinner, on the other hand it means work because i have a retail job that makes me think fondly of my old full time 8-5, weekends off and holiday's off office job!!! But then i remember just 2 more years i'll have a degree and a holiday's off!!!!

So anyway on to the card! I made this card for Virginia's View's Challenge #9 - All Things Metallic


I started by die cutting the flower from a gold metallic card stock. I also die cut it from a dark green card stock, which i then cut off the leaves and added them over the gold leaves. I adhered the whole thing on black card stock, then i trimmed off the excess card stock. I also used some gold smooch to color the flower center.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

For my background i used The Alley Way Stamps Line Upon Line stamp set. I colored it up with a red distress marker, spritz it with pearlized water and stamped it on water color paper. I trimmed it up and added it to a dark brown card base.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - The Alley Way Stamps

I stamped the sentiment (from the TAWS All Wrapped Up set) along the bottom. Then i used foam tape to adhere the flower and as a last metallic touch i added gold enamel dots.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - All Wrapped Up, Line Upon Line
Die: Die-namites - Winter Poinsettia
Enamel Dots: Recollection - Witches Dust
Distress Marker
Gold Smooch

 

5 comments:

  1. Love the gold element and the striking background, Dana! Well done on the challenge! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia’s View “All About Metallic” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the contrast of the dies with the distressed background and I love those gold dots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful!! I love the die cut flower over your background pattern! Must get this stamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, the combination of images and colours is incredibly unique...and striking...and eye-catching...and stunning! Your creativity never ceases to amaze, especially since you're always arriving at out-of-usual ways to showcase your products. I'd never ever think of using the background stamp as you did, much less pairing it with the pretty gold/black flower and green swirls. Dazzling! Hope you get some time off for the holiday; I can only imagine how hectic retail must be, especially at this time of year! Sending you 'energy vibes'!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, retail! Nope. Blech! Good for you focusing on the brighter future days :)
    I absolutely love the metallic details on your card - just the perfect balance of bright and elegant!

    ReplyDelete