Achievements

June 23, 2017

2017 Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop



Hello!!

Today is the day for the 2017 Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!! I can't wait to see all the great summer and coffee themed cards!! My card is a little tongue in cheek, fun card! Last hope I won a gift card and got some new Hero Arts stamps that I really wanted to use sooo....

To-da!!! Coffee and a shark!!! What could be better and more summery!?!?!? :D

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Hero Arts Simon Says Stamp
I started with a panel of watercolor paper, placing a Simon Says Stamp Waves stencil on top. Then with three different Distress Inks, I watercolored in the open spaces of the lower half of the stencil. I controlled the water I used as I didn't want too much bleeding going on.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Hero Arts Simon Says Stamp

While that was drying I found a gray scrap card stock and I stamped the shark head from Hero Arts Killer Messages set on it in gray ink. With my versamark marker, I colored the inside of the mouth and added a little shading. With a white opaque pen, I colored in the teeth!!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Hero Arts Simon Says Stamp

My coffee cup came from Waffle Flower's Bear & Bird stamp set, I colored it with one of the blue Distress Inks. Then I fussy cut it and the sharks head out. I placed both on my panel and when I liked their placement I added them with foam tape.  With Distress Markers, I added the fishing pole and fishing line.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Hero Arts Simon Says Stamp

My sentiment came from My Favorite Things Stay Cool stamp set, I thought it went really well with my shark and coffee card!! I cut a strip of the sentiment and added it across the bottom of the card with foam tape!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Hero Arts Simon Says Stamp
Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope everyone has fun for this Summer Coffee Hop, I can't wait for all the inspiration!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Hero Arts - Killer Messages, Waffle Flowers - Bear & Bird, My Favorite Things - Stay Cool
Distress Ink: Salty Ocean, Faded Jean, Peacock Feathers
Distress Markers: Hickory Smoke, Gathered Twigs
Stencil: Simon Says Stamp - Waves
Ink: Versafine - Smokey Grey

30 comments:

  1. How fun! so creative - made me chuckle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fun and such a super cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dana
    coool I love the idea
    but he likes coffee too? hehe cuutee scene you made Dana
    I am so happy if you like to visiting me back
    I have also giveaway Germany Coffee Chocolate Bar :)
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, this is hysterical! I think you're brilliant :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh isn't this such a fun image - love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hilarious! And I love it!! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YES! I love this! So fun + clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dana, so creative, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great design. Love the coffee cup lure! Thanks for sharing this card on the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! HAHAH!! This is so funny! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too Funny and I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you fun card design and the combination you came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg... I'm imagining I"m the shark right now...lol... love this! Thanks so much for all of your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely design, loving the ocean waves! Fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card. Great job!
    natgodfrey4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So clever and fun!! It made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card made me laugh, what a great idea to use the shark annd the cup as bait.
    Wonderfull card

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun! Love this shark and the cup on the fishing line is so hilarious. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cool and a really fun scene, Dana

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh this is just too funny and so creative. I like your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bwahahaha! How to catch... ME!

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL!! That's one way to catch a shark! What a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nooooooo! Don't give the shark coffee! It will make him swim faster! Then again...LOL

    ReplyDelete