Achievements

July 10, 2013

Ooo La La



Hi!

Yesterday i was inspired by the card sketches i saw on Jessi's blog, she is on the design team for Tuesday Morning Sketches and she made a super cute card with one of 4 sketches. I really liked the the sketch she chose, so later in the day i got in the craft room and this is my take of the sketch.


I started first with die cutting a white circle, and i stamped and masked the images. Then i colored them with water colors and added a little red glitter glue to the heart in the Eiffel tower.



I decided to use a kraft cardbase and found some pattern paper. That's when i thought i should have used a cream or kraft circle that the white was a little stark! But since i already stamped and colored it, it was a little too late! lol so i added a little bit of distress ink to the edge and across the white parts, you can;t really see it in the pics, but its there! :)



The sketch has scallops, but i was lazy and didn;t want to get my scallop die out of the binder, so instead i went with white vintage buttons. Last i stamped the sentiment Ooo La La at the bottom right.

Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Penny Black - Mimi in Paris
Pattern Paper: Authentique - Free Bird
Watercolors
Vintage buttons
Glitter Glue - Hampton Art

3 comments:

  1. Great job combining the images!! I love the little clothes pin!!
    Thanks for coming to our party this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the shout-out, Dana :) Your card rocks! I love the smidge of glitter & you KNOW I am always a sucker for buttons! I am so glad you came to play with TMS' birthday party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card! Loving the Kraft. Thanks for celebrating TMS's 4th birthday!

    ReplyDelete