Achievements

July 5, 2014

Happy Birthday Flowers & Stripes

Hi!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!! I'm having a great one!! Tests were taken on Wednesday and no class Thursday or Friday AND the weather has been wonderful!!! So i've been crafty up a storm!! One of the cards i made is for the Cure For The Monday Blues! Here is the inspiration photo:


I saw it for the second time on Facebook and it got me thinking, there are 2 different flower patterns AND a stripe pattern, all in one photo!! I like how even with 3 different patterns they all went together in the room. So i wanted to see if i could do something similar on a card.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower Crafts
So i didn;t worry about trying to match the colors, instead i found a pretty flower pattern paper and matched all my inks with it (and i used several different types of ink and colors!). First i stamped a flower like background using Waffle Flower Crafts - Flower Circles stamp. I trimmed the panel a little shy of the card base then before adding it to the card base i inked the edges of the card base with yellow ink.

Then i die cut a tag and with The Alley Way Stamps - Crossing Lines stamp set, stamped the stripes. I added seam binding to the tag, after lightly inking it with yellow ink (it was a little too white).

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Waffle Flower Crafts

Next i trimmed the flower pattern paper and a stripe of white card stock and adhered them to my card base. I stamped the Happy Birthday on the tag, then added it to my card base with foam dots.

I really love how it turned out, its 3 patterns on one card and i think it works!!  Thanks for stopping by!!!

Dana




5 comments:

  1. Love your stamped background and the papers you picked to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and truly reminds me of the challenge photo! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOORAY for free time in nice weather! Woot! I love the card - mixing patterns gets taught as such a no-no but it seriously rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see you playing again Dana, and way to evoke the inspiration! Love that mix of colours and all those funky stamps with a great tag treatment to boot! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SNAP!! You have taken key details from the photo and translated them into a most wonderful card! Inspired, innovative and "you"! Amazing!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete