Achievements

June 29, 2017

Art Impressions Challenge 211 - Create a Background

Hello!!

It's the second week of Art Impressions Create a Background challenge!! AI also has a new release of 4 fun clear stamps, Funny Farm!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
My card features the Udderly Fantastic stamp set! All these sentiments are so funny!! My card started with the background, to created it I placed a stripe stencil over some water color card stock. Then I used a three Papertrey Ink ink pads to color the open areas. I went with the dark color in the middle, then the middle tone on each side and the lightest card at the edges. I watched the amount of water as I didn't want the ink to leak out too much!! When it was all dry (I left the stencil where it was) I used a black pen to trace the open stripes.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

For the image, I die cut a stitched rectangle and stamped the cow with the coffee up. I used watercolor cardstock and the same ink above along with a few other colors to watercolor the image. In the top left corner, I stamped the sentiment.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next, I added the colored image to the background with foam tape and found a few gems that matched and added them to the card.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions


Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions - Udderly Fantastic
Stencil: Heidi Swapp Stripes
Die: Gina Marie Designs - Stitched Rectangle
Papertrey Ink ink pads: Hibiscus Burst, Autumn Rose, Scarlet Jewel, Dark Chocolate, Classic Kraft, Fine Linen


1 comment:

  1. Such a cool background, Dana - you have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete