Achievements

October 27, 2015

Noel

Hello

I'm back sharing a project i made for Crafter's Companion, they were on HSN recently and my banner was on TV!! It's so cool to see your project on TV!! Ok anyway on to the project!

To start i first make a banner from white card stock or i should say two! It was my pattern as i tried things out, i have the measurements on my craft desk somewhere if anyone is interested! I cut four long rectangles and cut CC's Edge'able Christmas Fancy Border - Christmas Bow at the top of each one. Then i cut the remaining card stock to make the notched banners.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

Before i removed the dies on each one i added red and green ink to the card stock as these dies act as stencils too! It involved a lot of post it notes to get the leaves green and everything else red!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

I punched holes on each side of the banners and threaded some thick twine through it. Next i cut some burlap to match the banners, cutting them a little bit bigger all the way around except at the top. With some red thread i cross stitched the letters to spell Noel. I used my Silhouette to cut out some paper letters, then stitched an outline around the letters in white thread. Then in two evenings i stitched the letters removing the white thread when i was done. Last i added some rhinestones to the bows and adhered the burlap to each flag.

Below is a picture of it hanging on an antique cabinet. Can you tell what season it is in my house?? :)

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion


Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

1 comment:

  1. How awesome that your banners were aired on TV! You are a STAR! These are so pretty; the burlap is fabulous and the toppers: oh my gosh! Stunning!!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete