Achievements

March 24, 2016

Art Impressions Challenge 180 - Watercolor & White Pen

Hello!

It's the second week of Art Impressions Challenge #180, the challenge to use watercolor and a white pen. The challenge also celebrates Art Impressions new release of three new Mini Watercolor sets and a new Window Deco Die!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I actually did the front of my card last, i wanted to match the curtains to whatever i ended up with on the inside. So i started by die cutting a stitched panel from watercolor card stock. Then i watched a video, this video in fact. I'm imitated by AI's watercolor sets, but after seeing this video by Sandy Allnock i gave it another go! And i have to say i really like how it turned out, so i encourage you to watch the video and try it for yourself!

I used several Watercolor Sets to build my scene, Flowering Mail Box, Chest of Flowers, Foliage Set, and Wooden Gate. My color medium was a few Marvy Markers and Distress Markers.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
For the front of the card i used the simple window pane from the first Window die and die cut it in the front flap of my card. I did the same thing to a strip of pink card stock and then placed it on the front of my card. I was going for a wainscotting look with the pink, then i added dash lines above it with my white pen.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next i stamped the curtains from the new Window Deco Stamp set, and then die cut them out with the matching die. I used the same pink and purple i used to create my water color scene to color the curtains. Then i added them to the front of the card over the window.

So with the card closed you can just see part of the watercoloring and when you open it, its like stepping outside into the garden.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you will play along with us over at the Art Impressions Challenge!

Dana

2 comments:

  1. WOW this is so creative and beautiful ...love the curtain and the garden scene you created is a wowzer!!
    Ps : I am having a celebration on my blog with prizes...would love to have you join in.Here is the link : 5 Million Page-views Celebration

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inside is so pretty, what a great soft contrast to the boldness of the black and white front!

    ReplyDelete