Achievements

May 5, 2020

DoodleBug Designs - Stellar Birthday

Hello!!

Today I have a card I made for a Doodlebug Designs sketch challenge. The challenge was for National Scrapbooking day this past weekend. When I saw they had a card specific collection, I new I had to play along with my Doodlebug stamps!! Here is the sketch:


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Doodlebug Designs - Galaxy Watercolor Background

I started by making a galaxy background. The make the background I used my Altenew watercolors. First, I taped a watercolor panel down, added water to it and then started to randomly add a few colors, pink, yellow and a blue. Then I added a bunch of black and water as necessary. As it dried I added a little more black here and there, until I was happy with the look.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Doodlebug Designs - Galaxy Watercolor Background

While the background dried I pulled out Doodlebug's Far Out stamp set and stamped all the images. I decided to do them all as I wasn't sure which one I wanted to actually use on my card. Next, I used my Copic markers to color them up. Then I fuss cut out each one.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Doodlebug Designs - Galaxy Watercolor Background

When my background was dry I did add black, white and silver splatters. I used a heat gun to make sure they were dry. Then I cut strips of cardstock, including a couple black strips. I stamped and white heat embossed the Have a Stellar Birthday on one of the black stripes.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Doodlebug Designs - Galaxy Watercolor Background

I adhered the strips together and trimmed it to fit my galaxy background. The background went on a blue card base and then adhered the strips. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Doodlebug Designs - Galaxy Watercolor Background

Next, I played an images and then added them with liquid adhesive and foam tape. I did add a little clear sparkle to the stars and spaceship lights.

Thanks so much for stopping by!! I'll be back later in the week with a card I made with the images I didn't use today!!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment