Achievements

November 1, 2016

Ugly Sweaters with Spectrum Noir Markers

Hello!!

Well, it's the day after Halloween and that means cue the Christmas cards!!! LOL!! Today I'm playing along with Simon Says Stamp Flickr Challenge - Anything Goes and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Simon Says Stamp
I pulled out Simon Says Stamp Ugly Sweater stamp sets and dies, first cutting three of the sweaters with the sweater die, then stamping them with the matching stamp.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Simon Says Stamp

Then I used the little elements from the Ugly Sweater set and the Sweater Words and Appliques set to stamp different patterns and images on each sweater. To keep the images on the inside of the sweater I used a Post-It Note to mask along the edges.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Simon Says Stamp

Next, I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color each sweater. I kept the shading to a minimum since the areas were small. I used: BT7, CG2, CT4, DG2, DR2, DR3, DR5, EB5, EB6, FS2, FS3, GB8, IB3, IG1, JG3.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Simon Says Stamp
I picked out a stripe pattern paper from Fancy Pants Wish Season pad for the background and added it to a white card base. Then I added the three sweaters, two of them with foam tape. Below them, I stamped the May All Your Sweaters Be Ugly & Bright. Last I added a few sequins around the card along with two red sequins for the reindeer's nose and the holly on Santa's hat.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp - Ugly Sweater, Sweater Words & Appliques
Dies: Simon Says Stamp - Ugly Sweater
Spectrum Noir Markers
Fancy Pants - Wish Season Pattern Paper Pad
Sequins: Neat & Tangled - Winder Wonderland Mix, Classic Christmas Mix

2 comments:

  1. hello dana! a fun card, your coloring is amazing....luvin the stripped background! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'ugly' sweaters are anything but; they're totally fabulous! I might not be brave enough to wear one...then again, the reindeer does have a certain appeal! Festive fantastic!
    hugs~c

    ReplyDelete