Achievements

April 15, 2014

Bee Amazzzing

Hey!

How if everyone today? I typed this up yesterday and as of then, we are supposed to get about an inch of snow today! Blahhh!! That means plants are covered and we just might break this area's record snow fall! I hope it just snows 2 inches, breaks the record then never happens again!! Ok well i guess it will happen again, later this year.... much later, i hope!! Spring is springing and i just don;t want any more snow!!!

But anyway today i'm sharing a card with you featuring The Alley Way Stamps new release stamps!! I went with a nice and bright (and springy) colors today, white and aqua!! I started with stamping the bee on watercolor paper, then masking and stamping her wings and antennae. I colored her with distress markers.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Then i used some white pigment ink and stamped several hexagons (outlines and solids). I also stamped a couple in a dark aqua color. Then i found some hexagons that surprising matched my card stock!! Yay!! I stamped the sentiment and then added the bee with foam dots!


Nice, easy and cuuute!!! Thanks for stopping by!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps: Bee Unique, Bee Sweet, Bee Happy (this months free mini with $40 purchase)
Ink: Papertrey Ink: Fresh Snow, Hawaiian Shores. Versafine: Onyx Black
Hexagons: Basic Grey - Capture
Distress Markers: Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade


3 comments:

  1. I want spring to spring tooooooo - we have snow in the forecast for tomorrow too, but we've already broken the record :/
    I love the pop of the bee on the aqua - and how cool are those hexagon sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the soft inking of the hexagons in white and tone on tone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Spring, too! Already today, we've had some sun, wind, rain, snow, hail and now, I hear thunder. Seriously! The saying in Alberta is "if you don't like the weather, just wait 5 minutes." So true! Fortunately, your darling bee card has added sparkle to my day! I may be shivering outside, but I'm feeling warm inside with how cutie-patootie this is!!
    c

    ReplyDelete