Achievements

February 25, 2016

Art Impressions Challenge 178 - Shake, Rattle & Roll

Hello!

It's the second week of Art Impressions Challenge 178 - Shake, Rattle & Roll, make a card or project that shakes, rattles or rolls!! My card features the new Birthday Fairy Shaker set! I am also entering this in Simon Says Stamps Wednesday's Challenge - Anything Goes.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I started by cutting a panel of water color card stock and placed the stamp on top, along with the star wand die. With a pencil i lightly marked were the star would fall with the fairy holding it. Then with some water and Worn Lipstick Distress ink, i pained a cloud of pink. When it was dry, i added sparkle with my Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Then i stamped the Fairy on white card stock and one some pattern paper. I fussy cut out her dress and then used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color her skin and hair. The stamp set comes with a die that matches the bottom of her dress, i cut that out and stamped the bottom dress. I added the pattern paper i fussy cut, then attached the bottom dress to the stamped image with a wobble. The set comes with a wobble, but if you need more Art Impressions sells packs of them, click here to see the different quantities you can get!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next i fussy cut out the birthday fairy, of course adding the top part of her dress too!! The set comes with a star wand die and i cut that out of watercolor paper. I used my Moonlight Sparkle Pen to color the star, then a grey SN marker to color the handle. To add even more sparkle i used Moonstone on the Fairy's wings, along with a wet paint brush to lighten it up a bit.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
To the bottom of my water color panel i added some pink pattern paper that was in the paper pad i used for the dress, how i new it would match the pink i had already picked out, i do not know!!! Along the top of the pink i added a strip of star washi tape. Next i stamped the sentiment at the left and then added the fairy to the right.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
For her wand, before i added her to the card i used my craft knife to cut a slit above her thumb. Then i was able to add the wand in that slit, helping it to look like she is holding it even more! Last i added the panel to a white card base!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you will play along with us at Art Impressions Shake, Rattle & Roll Challenge!!

Dana

4 comments:

  1. Dana - I adore your sparkly cloud!! Just like you'd see in a cartoon :o) Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This fairy is so cute! Love the sparkle on the card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card made me giggle when I opened this post,Dana! What a cool card, and I know someone will laugh just like I did! Thanks for sharing it with us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a funny image, I love her expression, great dimension too!

    ReplyDelete