Achievements

January 17, 2017

Ellen Hutson Mix It Up Challenge

Hello!

I've been really busy getting HSN & CHA projects done, but when they were done I played a little just for fun. I also recently won MISTI and wow!! So far I've been used it for three cards and I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised that I like it so much!! I think I had myself convinced I didn't need it so I wouldn't spend the money on it!! LOL!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Essentials by Ellen & Avery Elle


But anyway I'm playing along with Ellen Hutson Mix It Up Challenge - the challenge to use Essentials by Ellen and Avery Elle stamps! I used Stay Salty and Happy Camper!

I started by die cutting a stitched rectangle from white cardstock. I used the MISTI to place the stamps were I wanted them, it was especially helpful with the solid water stamp from Avery Elle's Happy Camper! I was able to stamp it several times to get the coverage I wanted!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Essentials by Ellen & Avery Elle


Next, I stamped the sailboat and clouds from Essentials by Ellen Stay Salty stamp set. Then I used my Spectrum Noir Markers to color both: DR5, EB5, EB6, IG2, IG4. I fussy cut them all out with a small white border.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Essentials by Ellen & Avery Elle

I used Distress Inks Faded Jean and inked the top portion of the panel. To darken the sky I added a little Black Soot.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Essentials by Ellen & Avery Elle
To make sure I added the sentiment in the right place, I used the MIST. It also helped to stamp the sentiment twice to make sure the sentiment was nice and dark. I added the boat and clouds to the panel with foam tape. Last, I added the panel to a white card base and trimmed off the cloud overhang.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Essentials by Ellen - Stay Salty. Avery Elle - Happy Camper
Ink: Distress Ink - Faded Jean, Black Soot. Papertrey Ink - Enchanted Evening
Spectrum Noir Markers
Die: Lawn Fawn - Stitched Rectangle
MISTI

3 comments: