Achievements

January 31, 2017

Watercoloring with Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers

Hello!!

I'm sharing an Anniversary card today that does a little more traditional watercolor along with some smoosh watercolor!! And of course in a nice CAS way!!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
I started by stamping the big flower from Crafter's Companion Perfect Partners - Wild Rose Briar in watermark ink and then heat embossing them with white embossing powder. Oh, and I did this on CC's watercolor card stock!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

To color the flowers I started with Aqua Marker Blossom to give each flower a wash of color. I kept it a bit light with lots of water. I didn't worry about staying in the lines because I knew I would be cutting them out in the end. When it was almost dry I went in with Rose Pink, a little more intense (less water) and then after a little drying time I used Begonia with very little water. I set them aside to dry totally while I worked on the background.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

I started with a wide strip of watercolor card stock and used the Black Aqua marker and squiggled it on a piece of acetate. With a water bottle, I spritzed a little water and them pressed it onto my watercolor card stock. I repeated this a few times allowing the previous press to dry a little. You don't want it too wet, but not dry either, but what is nice is there really is no wrong way to do this!! When I was happy with it I let it totally dry.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
A little fussy cutting of the flowers and I adhered a black sequin to each flower center and they were ready to go!  Next, I used CC's Anniversary Edge'able die to cut out my black watercolor piece. I trimmed a bit bellow it so I would have room to stamp Happy in black in. I added it to a white card base with double sided adhesive and lastly added the three flowers. Some of the petals went over the edge so I just trimmed off that overhang.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Crafter's Companion - Seena Douglass - Perfect Partners Wild Rose Briar
Die: Edge'able - Anniversary
Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers
Sequins: Neat & Tangled - Black

2 comments:

  1. This packs such a punch of pretty color! Love the drama of this sweet design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so pretty! I love the kind of mottled look you achieved!

    ReplyDelete