Achievements

July 12, 2019

Card Making with a Paper Bag

Hello!!

So, today is Paper Bag Day!! They have a day for anything and everything!! I thought I would use a paper bag in my crafting to help celebrate!! Haha!!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
Since a paper bag is made out of a thick Kraft card stock I decided it would be perfect to use with an embossing folder!!! I used Crafter's Companion Ocean Waves embossing folder. I used a little bit of brown Spectrum Noir Inkpad to darken a few areas here and there. This made seeing the embossing a little bit better. I also roughed up the edges a little.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

Next, I stamped the lighthouse from Crafter's Companion Nautical Elements. I stamped it on CC's Kraft Card stock, which is a very close match to the grocery paper bag I used with the embossing folder. I got it from a major grocery chain.

I pulled out a random Spectrum Noir Brown marker to add a little shading to the image. Then I added a few details/highlights with opaque white pen. I also stamped two of the sea gulls, then fussy cut them and the lighthouse.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

From CC's Pastel Textured Card stock pad I used a blue shade adding it to the bottom of the embossed panel. Then I stamped the Happy Birthday on the textured card stock. Last I added the lighthouse and sea gulls before adding the panel to a blue card base!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment