Achievements

November 3, 2020

Graciellie Designs - Live for Today

 Hello!

I'm popping in today to share a card I made with Graciellie Designs new digital stamp set, Live for Today! A beautiful winter bird with great sentiments!! 

I started by opening the bird in Word. I resized it and added the Live for Today sentiment. Then I printed it out and used my Copic markers to color it up. Instead of really blending the coloring, I did a more stippling like technique to dot the color and blend it. Then I fussy cut most of the image out, using my paper trimmer to cut the sentiment. 

For the background I decided to pick out a dark red card base and use my Wow Embossing Fab Foil. I started with Funky Fossil Designs Snow Flurry stencil and watermark ink. I only inked up the top half of the card base.

Then I added Wow Embossing Bonding Powder to the watermark ink and heated it. With Wow Fab Foil, I added the white foil, shiny side up onto the melted powder. 


Next, I heated up my regular cloths iron and placed my card base face down, opened the card and ironed the back of the front card base. Trim off any access foil as you don't what it to melt to your iron. I did this a few times, letting the card stock cool in between. The hardest part is the edges and the top, I think I get it all but there's usually a few spots I miss!! lol!!

After the card has cooled I pulled the foil and and wa-la I have my foiled white snowflakes! I always keep what I pulled up, down the road I'll use it on a card!!

Last I added the bird and sentiment to the card with foam tape! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment