Achievements

October 4, 2014

World Card Making Day 2014

Hello!!

Happy World Card Making Day!!! Luckily i found sometime last weekend to make a card for this wonderful holiday!! YAY!! I also hope to be able to spend some time in the craft room today!!


I am really in the mood to play along with challenges... the only trouble is finding the time for them all!! I'm entering this card into Newton's Nook Design WCMD Link Up! I made today's card for the Cure for the Monday Blues Challenge #31! Here is the photo inspiration:



I love the mix of yellow, pink and purple in the photo! So i pulled out Altenew's Ori Kami set and stamped the butterfly many times all over my white card base. I embossed them with white embossing powder.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew
Next i used yellow and lots of water to color my panel, then i went in and colored each butterfly pink or purple adding a some yellow to the outer wings. As i did it, i went back and added more yellow to the background i thought it helped the butterflies pop out a little more. When i went to take pictures, i realized it's a lot more yellow then i intended it to be! But i still like it!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew
I set the panel aside to dry and then pulled out a white card stock strip and stamped the happiness sentiment with brown ink. After eyeballing it over my panel, i decided to add a strip of dark brown card stock along the bottom of the white strip.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew
Last i added the strip across the panel with foam dots, then adhered the panel to a white card base. I thought about adding glitter or sequins or something, but after trying out some sequins i figured less is more!!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope your World Card Making Day is wonderful and full of card making!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Altenew - Ori Kami
Watercolors
Ink: Versafine - Vintage Sepia
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - White

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, bright cheerful card! Embossing in white and then watercoloring gave great results. I love the variety of colors in the butterflies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous coloring! Love how bright it is! Taking me back to summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and a wonderful use of the stamp set. I think this is a winner for sure!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dana! Great Card - love the watercoloring! Thanks so much for linking up with our World Card-making day challenge at Newton's Nook Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beauty! The yellow is wonderful, and the wings really do pop - love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. DANA (sorry, I do announce myself rather effusively *grin*), how amazing this card is with the techniques and images you've used! A flutter of butterflies...visual harmony in every way! LOVE this! And yep, calling winner, winner on this baby!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! I'm so happy to see you playing along with my challenge again Dana! And what a way to make a comeback - this card is zingy to perfection!! *Love* that bright yellow background and your watercolouring is superb! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete