Achievements

August 7, 2020

Catherine Pooler - Fly Daddy

Hello!!

I'm stopping by with a card I made for fun! Playing with some birthday goodies I received last month! First the background die is from Hero Arts and pairs great with Catherine Poolers Fly Daddy stamp set!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Catherine Pooler
I can always use more masculine stamp sets, so when I saw this at Catherine Poolers online store, I knew it would make some great cards!! 
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Catherine Pooler
To start I pulled out some water color card stock and trimmed it to fit an A2 card. Then I used a couple different blue Distress Inks and my Taylored Expressions ink applicator, blending the colors together. Then I used clean water to add some splatters. Some I let sit before dabbing away the excess water, others I dabbed right away! This varies the lightness of my splatters!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Catherine Pooler
While the background was drying I stamped the fishing pole and the fish. I used two CP ink colors on the fish, first the lightest color then added the darker color along then edge, then stamped!! I fussy cut both out. I also stamped the You're a Reel Catch on white card stock and then fussy cut it out. 
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Catherine Pooler
Next, I used the Hero Arts Fish Background to die cut the background. I saved the fishes to use later, figured they would make some nice confetti in a shaker card! Then I adhered the background to a white card base.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Catherine Pooler
Last, I added the fishing pole, fish and sentiment to the card with foam tape. I decided not to add anything else, since it is a card for a guy and they wouldn't really appreciate anything that sparkles!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment