Achievements

August 28, 2020

Altenew - Sewing & Watercolors 2

 Hello!!

Happy Friday!!! I'm popping in today with my second project for Altenew's Sewing Contest. This one is a card and I used one of my watercoloring on evenweave experiments! I used Altenew's Statement Flower  stamp for this card. 


For this piece of evenweave, I saturated it with water, then added my Altenew watercolors diluted with water. Starting with evenweave already wet, the colors blended a lot better, though they are on the light side. I did let it dry over night!

The next day I stamped the Statement Flower with black memento ink. Then I picked out a light and dark green floss for the leaves and a light and dark pink floss for the flowers. I used only one thread and did some back stitching to outline the leaves and flowers, then I went in with the darker colors and added my own stitching to add shadow/darker areas.

Next, I iron on some interfacing to help stiffen the fabric and helps to hold the back floss in place. It also limits the fraying of the edges, because I went and cut out the flower. I left a border around the flowers. Since it was going on a card I didn't use a fraying glue that would really stop any unraveling!

For my card I pulled out a Hero Arts stencil and a black card base. I used some watermark ink to ink up the stencil, but kept it loose with uneven edges. Then I used some green Perfect Pearls and added some color the watermark ink. I used a paint brush to clean any extra off. 

Next, I adhered the stitched flower to the card base. Then I white heat embossed the Hello sentiment, trimmed it and then added it to the card with foam tape. 

While the stitching is a bit more work then the typical card, the recipient can easily frame it to enjoy year round!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done, love that flower center!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS! Love how the sewing added the extra details! Thanks for entering the sewing contest!

    ReplyDelete