Achievements

May 31, 2012

Tropical Wedding

Hey there!

Long time no see!!  :) I'm moving in 3 weeks, so i've been spending a lot of time packing and organizing. I have also been making cards!! Lots of projects for friends and design team!! So to kick off what i have been making i have 2 wedding cards i made for friends at work.

One card was used for the wedding shower and the other for the whole office to sign and give to the bride to be. The theme for the wedding shower was pink, orange and tropical. So for one i went with a little more tropical, the other, same colors but a little bit more elegant.



The first one i used a flower stamp, that was the closet i had to a tropical flower. I found some cardstock in pink and orange, and stamped the flower and embossed it in white. I cut them out and added some embellishment to the centers. I also used markers to darken some of the flowers.



Next i made by cardbase, then inked up a background stamp in pink and orange. I stamped it off once on scrap paper then stamped it again on the card base. I added the sentiment Happily Ever After in a dark tan color.


Last i added the flowers, die cut leaves and twine to the card front.

For the second card i die cut fabric with PTIs card base-ics die and stamped the background with pink and orange ink. I did the same thing with mat stack 1, but i didn;t ink the background.


I used a heart die and cut out hearts from pink, orange and white cardstock. I pieced together the hearts to make it look like the hearts coming together at the white part. I adhered the heart to mat stack 1.


I adhered mat stack 1 to the card base-ic along with wrapping twine around the card base-ic. I stamped the sentiment along the bottom and then adhered the card base-ic the cardbase. Then last i rounded the corners.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dana

Flower Card:
Flower - Stampabilities (i think, i just packed my wood stamps, so i can't say for sure :)  )
Ink: Papertrey Ink, Pink & Orange
Sentiment: Hampton Art, 7 Gypsies
Leaves: Papertrey Ink Die
Twine: May Arts
Background: Hero Arts

Two Hearts Card:
Dies: Papertrey Ink: Card Base-ics, hearts, mat stack 1
Ink: Papertrey Ink, Pink and Orange
Twine: May Arts
Stamps: Papertrey Ink, Love and Marriage, Hero Arts

12 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Dana! I love the colours (such a fresh fun choice for a wedding!) and the hearts are super clever! Love those flower centres too :) Good luck with moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first card is just spectacular! Congrats on making gallery idol top 20!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And goodness, what pops up in my reader but the Gallery Idol top 20? Congratulations, Dana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS! And I wanted to stop by and say congrats on Gallery Idol, what a wonderful way to end the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So gorgeous, Dana! I really like the details and the beautiful color combinations. Huge congrats on the GI Top 20!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful cards Dana! I cannot believe that we were not friended on FB :) Now we are fixed! :) Congrats on making the Top 20 too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is a stunner Dana! congrats on your gallery idol top 20 win!!! i'll be rooting for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Dana! These are beautiful! Thanks for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog Dana! So excited to be in the Top 20 with you! Your card was awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these two cards! The tropical colors of the first is so pretty and the two hearts becoming one is clever! Congrats on Gallery Idol! :>

    ReplyDelete