Achievements

July 27, 2016

Thinking of You

Hello there!!

This is my second post today, click here if you are looking for my Art Impressions post!

Crafter's Companion has some NEW awesome Die'sire Card Base Dies!! These are great for shaped card base in several different sizes!! You don't have to use them as cards either! I'll have a project later in the week that shows a non-card way to use these dies!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
But my card today is typical card using these dies!! These are so nice that you can even use the smaller dies to mat your image! I started by using the biggest die, which is just under 6 x 6 and all you have to do is take a piece of card stock and score it in half. With a small piece of washi tape adhere the die so the cutting break is just above the scored edge. Then just run it through your die cutting machine and wa-la a card base!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

I ran the die through the machine again with some orange polka-dot pattern paper and adhered that to my white card base. I just trimmed off the top part. To get a layered or mat piece I just cut some watercolor card stock with a smaller die. One side with not cut because this is a card base die, to fix this I turned the cut piece around, fit it in the die and just die cut that little bit so now you have a rounded piece all the way around. To make the card stand up I did have to trim off a little off the bottom.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

Next, I squiggled some Spectrum Noir Aqua Marker - Orange on a clear block. A quick spritz of water and I just pressed my watercolor piece in the ink. I then set it aside to dry.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

With the Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners - Lily I stamped the Lily and leaves on watercolor card stock and then used the matching die to cut them out. Next, I used my Spectrum Noir AquaBlend pencils to color the Lily's and leaves. With a little water, you can blend the pencils for a nice water color look! I used Strawberry, Carrot, Persimmon, Papaya, Pineapple, Oregano, Spruce, Pesto Green.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
With some liquid adhesive, I adhered all the lily and leave layers. Next, I stamped the Thinking of You sentiment on the watercolor piece and added it to my card base. Last I adhered the lily to the card. For a little sparkle, I added some Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen to the lily.

Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you stop by Crafter's Companion's website and check out all the new Die'sire Card Base Dies!

Dana

Supplies
Dies: Crafter's Companion - Die'sire Create-A-Card - Emma
Stamp & Die set: Crafter's Companion - Sheena Douglass Perfect Partners - Lily
Pattern Paper: Crafter's Companion - Sara Davies Signature Collection -Just For Men 6 x 6 Paper Pad Brights Collection
Spectrum Noir AquaBlend Pencils - Strawberry, Carrot, Persimmon, Papaya, Pineapple, Oregano, Spruce, Pesto Green
Spectrum Nori Aqua Markers - Orange
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen - Clear
Crafter's Companion Watercolor Card Stock

1 comment:

  1. Great fancy shape for the card and I love the dimension on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete