Achievements

June 26, 2018

You're Sweet

Hello!

I'm stopping in real quick to share a card I made for Pinkfresh Studio's June Challenge! I actually made this earlier in the month, but just realized the end of the month is almost here and I really needed to get it posted!! The challenge is bows or particular color palette. You can check out the challenge here!



Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Pinkfresh Studio

I really wanted to use the Fruitastic stamp set and even though the colors are not fruit colors, I thought it would be a nice challenge to see if they would work with these colors. So I matched the colors as best as I could to several inks I have.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Pinkfresh Studio

To start I stamped and die cut all the fruits in the set, I realized that it would not be enough to make my fruit wreath. So I stamped and die cut another set.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Pinkfresh Studio

Next, I used a Kite Stencil - Torn Edges and used the same light pink, yellow and blue inks that I used for my fruit as my watercolors. I was careful to not use too much water as I didn't want the water to run under the stencil and loose the torn edge look.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Pinkfresh Studio

When that was dry I added it to a white card base and then started arranging the fruit in a wreath. I adhered the fruit to the card, except for a four of the smallest fruits, I added those with foam tape. Last I stamped the You're Sweet sentiment to the center of the wreath!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps & Dies: Pinkfresh Studio: Fruitastic & Matching Die
Stencil: Kite Stencil - Torn Edges
Ink: Papertrey Ink - Soft Stone, Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet, Blueberry Sky, Harvest Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment