Achievements

September 17, 2018

MFT - Innovative Master

Hello!!

This is my second card for My Favorite Things SuperStar Challenge. It's for the Innovative Master challenge! Basically, I stamped two MFT images and cross stitched them! I've been a cross stitcher for about 20 years, about 5 years more then I've been paper crafting! I've been wanting to try this for awhile, some might not think its innovative, but I think at least is unique!!

Because the design is a stamp (MFT's Cat-itude) and not a design made for cross stitch I used 28 count white Evenweave, this makes half cross stitches easier. This also helped with the actual stitching, because there were lines that fell in between stitches, so I had to decide whether to stop the image or go outside the line. And of course, curves are always a challenge even if you are making a design specifically for cross stitch!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things - Cat-idtude - Cross Stitch

But, anyway I used DMC thread (colors used at the end) and I picked the colors from a current cross stitch project. I stitched it over the weekend. When I was done I used My Favorite Thing Stitched Oval die to cut the fabric.

Then I created a frame with the same die and one smaller. I cut it from Kraft cards stock and I inked the edges with Papertrey Ink's Classic Kraft ink. From gray cardstock, I freehand cut the metal pieces at the top of an embroidery hoop.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things - Cat-idtude - Cross Stitch

I also cut some cardstock with the largest oval and adhered it to the back of the stitching. That way it has some support. Then I adhered the kraft 'hoop' and metal pieces.

While that all dried, I worked on my card base. I was going for a wallpaper like look. First I used a watermark pen and ruler to add the lines. Then from the Cat-itude set, I stamped the little flower three times each with watermark ink. I wanted subtle stamping but still wanted to see it.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - My Favorite Things - Cat-idtude - Cross Stitch

When my hoop was dry I added it to the card with foam tape. Last I rounded the corners. I decided not to add a sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: My Favorite Things - Cat-itude
Dies: My Favorite Things - Stitched Ovals
Watermark Pen and Ink
DMC thread: 977, 3826, 223, 224, 221, 975, 433, 938, 310
28ct White Evenweave fabric

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Dana! This is amazing! 😍 It would take me forever to do something like this, lol. Love it!

    ReplyDelete