Achievements

February 27, 2014

Thank You

Hey there!!

I'm stopping by with a card i made for WPlus 9 Designs Birthday Celebration Week - Stretch It Challenge. And by stretch it they mean doing something new or takes you out of your comfort zone. I tried a new stencil technique i learn at the Online Card Class:Stencils.

ETA (edited to add) - I'm entering this into Moxie Fab's Styling With Stencils Challenge!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps
I used watercolor with a stencil and it didn't turn out as bad as i thought!! I will definitely be doing this again. I washi taped a stencil to some watercolor paper and pulled out my watercolors. I started with a light purple, then went to a dark purple, then to a dark blue and finally to a lighter blue. It was messy and i love how the look isn;t crisp and has darker areas!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

While that was drying i stamped four feathers in purple and blue pigment ink, then cut them out. When the watercolor panel was dry, i wrapped black ribbon around it and tied it in a knot.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Last i added the feathers and stamped the sentiment, Thank You at the bottom.

Thank you for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: WPLus 9 Designs - Fanciful Feathers
Stencil: Heidi Swapp - HS01148
Ink: Memento Luxe - Tuxedo Black, Sweet Plum, Nautical Blue

5 comments:

  1. The water effect on the background is so cool, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool background effect! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I like that watetcolour! Really caught my eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Dana, you've done it again: proven that you and watercolours are a magical pair! I agree with the 'blurry' effect - soft and pretty! The pair of feathers + bow: perfect! Awesome-ness,++++!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the way it turned out! And love your colors together, too! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete