Achievements

September 19, 2020

My Favorite Things Stamps - Clean & Simple

 Hello!

I'm back with my second card for My Favorite Things Stamps 2020 Card Design Superstar contest. This card is for the Clean & Simple category. And like my first card this one is a Christmas card, too.

For this card I use a very old MFT die called Christmas Tree Cutout. I started by cutting the tree out from some scratch white card stock to make a 'stencil.' In the photo I placed black card behind my die cut so it would be easier to see in the photos.

Next, I cut down a panel of black card stock so it would be about 1/4 inches smaller then my blue card base. I placed the 'stencil' over the panel and used some blue tape to keep it in place. Then I started adding vertical lines, inside each layer of the tree. 

I went with non traditional colors, more muted opaque gel pens, that show up really nice on black card stock. Starting with a line up of colors, I just went round and round threw my line up, working my way up each layer of the tree. For the trunk I used one of the colors that looks brown/grey.

Then I cut the Merry part of the die from black card stock and used one of the green gel pens to color the letters. When I do this I always color the edges, which was a little tricky with a gel pen! I did do two layers of the green to get good coverage. 

With a T-ruler, I adhered the Merry on top of the lined Christmas tree. From my stash I found the perfect green star button to add to the top of the Christmas tree. Last, I added the panel to the blue card base with foam tape!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be stopping by tomorrow with my last card for the Card Design Superstar contest!

Dana


No comments:

Post a Comment