Achievements

September 19, 2020

My Favorite Things Stamps - Coloring Virtuoso

 Hello!

Today, I'm sharing a card I made for the My Favorite Things Stamps - 2020 Card Design Superstar, Color Virtuoso. Instead of the usual coloring with alcohol and blending, I used stippling as my coloring. It's also called pointillism. I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile but when I saw the design contest, I thought it was time! I did pointillism way back in my high school art classes!

I pulled out all my MFT stamps and dies and was feeling Christmas-y, as all three cards for the contest are Christmas! For this card I went with Jingle All The Way.  I stamped one of the santas, little girl and presents.

For my stippling I used some fine point colored markers. When stippling, you randomly add the dots. The more dots go where its darker. I also mixed a couple of the colors together. Two browns for the ground and two skin colors. 

I added light blue dots for a sky and stamped Jingle All The Way above the images. Then I trimmed it down so it was about 1/4 smaller then my blue card base. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'll be back later tonight with my second card and then share my third card tomorrow!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment