Achievements

September 20, 2020

My Favorite Things Stamps - Innovation Master

 Hello!

This is my last card for My Favorite Things Stamps 2020 Card Design Superstar. It's for the Innovation Master category. Be warned it has a lot of pictures!!!

I wasn't planning on entering one for this, but Friday night after work I was trying to fall asleep, my mind was wondering and I started thinking about what I could do. Eventually I though about making an magnetic card with images that can me moved around and then can make their way to a fridge or other magnetic board. 

So I made a trip to Michael's yesterday and found some magnetic sheets and gave it try! I used MFT Jingle All The Way and stamped all the main images and then stamped the presents, reindeer and Christmas tree three times. 

The above card is the card I'm entering in the contest. But at the end I had so many images, that I made another card and I still had a few left over. So I figure I'll include a little bag with the extra's, that way a kid can play with a bunch of images. Oh, and as you can see the magnet images stay in place even when the card is standing.


The magnet sheets came rolled up, so while I was coloring and die cutting the images I put the sheets under my glass craft mat so they would flatten a little!

After a lot of coloring I trimmed a magnet sheet, so it was about 1/2 inch smaller then my card bases. I used foam tape to adhere the magnet panels to the card bases. 

For the images I used the image dies to cut the magnet sheets, then adhered each image to the matching magnetic cut. Next, I stamped two sentiments and then adhered them to the magnet sheet and trimmed them up.

 

The next photo's I moved the images around, so they are different from the images above!




Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you have a wonderful Sunday!!

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment