Achievements

June 26, 2014

Overwelmed by your Kindness

Hi!!

Today i'm popping in with card i made this weekend! But first i'd like to give a little shout out to Susan at Penny Black! I was lucky to win a prize pack a couple weeks agao and one of my choices was the Foliage Fancy stamp set. I've been trying to get my hands on this set, for like, forever!! I like to make purchase from online stores so i can get a variety of items from different manufactures, and every time this set would be out of stock.

Well Susan emailed and said... you guessed it, it was out of stock! It made me sad!! However a few days later Susan emailed that she searched high and low and found ONE set!! Whoo hooo!! I was so excited!! I am also amazed at the customer service for someone who wasn't a paying customer!!! I am impressed and will so be making my future Penny Black purchases directly from them!! :)

I'm also entering this into Darnell's new NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) Challenge! The theme is Anything Goes! Its a new challenge that is almost up, so hurry to play along too!!


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

Ok, so back to the card!! So i really love this set and as i was making this card i kept thinking of other ways to use it!! I first stamped the 3 different types of leaves all over my card base. Before i did this i did to a couple tests on scrap paper to make sure i picked the right ink colors. I also liked the texture my dye ink pads created when stamping these solid stamps. The pads are felt like, so there is a nice texture to them and i love how the leaves shows that texture!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

Then i went in with just the outline leaves and stamped them over the solid leaves. I used a kraft ink for the lighter leaf and a dark brown for the darker leaves. Next i found a speech bubble in my extra do-dad bowl, i cut off the little tail that made it a speech bubble. I stamped the sentiment Overwhelmed by your Kindness in dark brown ink.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

I wrapped some twine around my card base and tied it in a bow. Last i added my sentiment bubble with foam dots!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Dana

9 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the leaves and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky win, Dana! And a beautiful card made from your winnings! I'm so glad you came to visit. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! You make such great stuff with your PB stamps, so glad you won the big one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, so now I HAVE TO HAVE this set, too, Dana, and so will everyone who sees this gorgeous card!! I'm a total leaf and tree person anyway, so my heart has melted over your stunning design. The rustic twine goes perfectly and that sediment is one I've never seen before (and love and want!). It was genius to repurpose your speech bubble that way!!

    Thank you so much for joining in my NBUS Challenge, for the shoutout, and for posting my button to spread the word to your readers! I appreciate your support!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! Susan is the best! Love your card with this set and am so happy you got your hands on it!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this card on Darnell's challenge. I was wondering what created the, um, texture of the leaves. I thought maybe you hd added Distress Stickles or something. It's just the wooly texture of the stamp pads? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful shout out to Susan's exceptional customer service; how fabulous that she found a set just for you! I can see why you *had* to have it, as you've worked magic with it! Those leaves, and the colours/layout you've chosen are nothing short of eye-catching awesomeness! WOW x a zillion!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great stamp set and you are a lucky winner. The coloring is just perfect. Thanks for commenting on my card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is truly incredible customer service! I love hearing wonderful things like that :) Your card is stunning - and so perfect for this time of year when we've got green everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete