Achievements

June 15, 2014

Waffle Flower Challenge June/July 2014

Hello!!

If you were not aware, there is a new Challenge in town!! Its the Waffle Flower Challenge and i was lucky to be invited to join the challenge design team!!!  This challenges gives you a chance to use those awesome Waffle Flower Stamps & Dies!!! Its pretty easy to play along!! The Challenge runs from June 15th to July 25th, plenty of time to play with us!!!

The Challenge will have a Sketch Challenge and a Technique Challenge! Do one or the other, or do both, its up to you!! Click here to see the first Challenge and all the details along with how you could win some Waffle Flower goods!!!

For my card i decided to use the Technique Challenge - Stamp a Pattern (which i did randomly!!):


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I used few of the dots from Flower Circles stamp set and inked them up Distress Ink. Distress Ink tends to bead up on solid stamps, so you get a vintage like look when they are stamped. I also used the ink to ink up the edges, along with the rest of the card. The card was a light Kraft, but with the light layer of ink it made it a shade or so darker.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Next i did a technique i do a lot which is making my own colored card stock. I take a panel of white cardstock and press my ink pad onto the paper. I did this with a melon and green color. With the melon color i stamped a flower from Flower Circles in a dark pink, then cut it out. Next i stamped the stem on the green. I stamped the solid leaves twice with the same green, then cut out the stem and leaves.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Then i die used the rectangle from the Surface - Tag Die set and cut it out from my home made green cardstock. I placed on the left of my card base with foam adhesive. Then i added the flower and stem. Last i stamped the Let Love Grow sentiment.

Be sure to stop by the challenge for all wonderful inspiration from the rest of the Design Team!! And i can't wait to see your take on the Challenges!!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Waffle Flower - Flower Circles
Dies: Waffle Flower - Surface - Tag Die - Starter Kit
Ink: Hero Arts - Raspberry Jam, Soft Green, Fresh Peach. Distress Ink: Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain

5 comments:

  1. This is YOUR day, Dana! Congratulations on the appointment to the Design Team for the Waffle Flower Challenge! They are so lucky to have you! And I wanted to congratulate you on the HUGE win over at Penny Black!! Have fun! Hugs, Darnell (Oh, and your card today is adorable!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that tone on tone kraft design, the mint panel and red flower really pop! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could join the challenge but I do not own any Waffle Flower products. :c(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet start to the challenge and especially to allowing your creativity to shine with this first challenge inspiration card! Dots, the flower, the colours...FABulous!! Way to go, my friend - this is a gem!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete