Achievements

June 3, 2014

Happy Dad's Day!

Hi!!

So Father's Day is coming up and i have the gift (yep, for once i'm ahead of the game!!) and to make sure it gets out in the mail in time i whipped up a quick card! Now i have a couple Father's Day stamps, but that would mean digging through my collection!! (hey what can i say, i;m kind of lazy, and my head is full of confusion sin, cosine, tangent and other pointless precalculus stuff and i just don't want to dig around!!) But my TAWS stamps are right next to me hanging on a shelf, so to keep it quick i used a sentiment set and a alpha set to quickly stamp my sentiment!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

So to start i used the spotted squares from the TAWS set Spotted. I stamped them all the way up and down my card base in brown ink. Next i found a strip of white card stock, that i placed it over my card base at an angle..... i liked so i went with it!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I stamped the robot from Bot Time, in brown ink. I used a brown inktense colored pencil to just draw a line around a few particular parts of the bot, then spread the pencil a little with a Copic colorless blender (FYI: will stain your nib).

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Then i stamped the Happy from Jibber Jabber, then spelled out Dad's with Gabfest and stamped that in red ink. Then stamped day in brown ink. I added my panel to my card base with foam dots and last added 3 red enamel dots (to go with my red Dad!)

And wa-la!! A quick and easy card that looks pretty darn cool, if i don;t say so myself!! :D LOL

I hope you stop by The Alley Way Stamps today and check out the inspirations from a few of the TAWS Design Team ladies!!!

Have a good one!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Gabfest, Spotted, Bot Time, Jibber Jabber
Ink: PTI - Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy
Enamel Dots - MME
Inktense Pencil
Copic Colorless Blender

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous Father's Day card, Dana - and the background looks like a mathematical matix! I hear you about calculus, but hey, working one side of the brain, then the other, keeps your creative spark thriving and flourishing, as you've shown here! Mega watt smile guaranteed when this card finds its way to your dad!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a modern, fun, and totally great guy card, Dana!! Thank you for the inspiration for a Dad day card! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! That background is totally robot-esque (robotic? lol) and I love the angled panel!

    ReplyDelete