Achievements

June 7, 2014

Wedding Day

Hiya!!

I'm popping in with a card i made several months ago i think! I remember when i was making this card i wanted to use some pattern paper and a new stamp set, Painted Flowers from the new stamp company Altenew.

It started with the pretty pink and grey flower pattern paper i found in my stash. I die cut a desktop file die from watercolor paper. I used grey ink to stamp just the outlined flowers. I also stamped the sentiment from Altenew's Ori Kami in grey ink.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Then i played with my ink pads to get a pink that would match the flowers on the pattern paper. I tried to be 'messy,' you know that not perfect look, which is really hard for me because i like smooth shading and coloring!! I also colored the leaves grey like the pattern paper flowers.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I added the pattern paper to my card base and then found 3 grey strips in my extra do-dad bowl that matched!! Score!! I added them to my card along the bottom, then added the stamped and colored file with foam dots. Last i added a few grey enamel dots!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Altenew - Painted Flowers, Ori Kami
Ink: PTI - Autumn Rose, Hero Arts - Soft Granite
Die: PTI - Desktop File
Pattern Paper: American Crafts - Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic
Enamel Dots: MME - Wicked

5 comments:

  1. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Your flowers look amazing! Seriously, they are perfect, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a terrible time trying to get that perfect watercolour look - I keep fussing. You stopped JUSTINTIME and it looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm slow in catching up with commenting, but here I am, jaw-dropped amazed at how beautifully you've replicated the flowers in your patterned paper! Stunning my friend, totally stunning! You're captured the water-colour perfectly. And the grey stripes = perfect special touch!
    c

    ReplyDelete