Achievements

August 7, 2015

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hello!

Crafter's Companion has a new Sheena Douglass collection, available today! It's called a Little Bit Festive and features 6 different stamp sets and 8 different embossing folders! Wow, that is a lot of Christmas goodness!! Today i'm featuring the Merry Christmas Deer stamp set!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
I decided to use the nice big sentiment in the stamp set. For some reason i kind of went down the vintage theme road, which is not my usual style! But i was liking what i was doing, so i just went with it!!

I stamped the sentiment on a piece of white card stock, looking through my embellishments i found a Kraft doily and that got me thinking about the vintage distress ink colors.  I inked the edge of the doily with Frayed Burlap and Vintage Photo to darken the doily a little.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion

Then i decided to use the distress inks and the smoosh technique to watercolor the background, then decided to do the stamped panel too, but leaving the center mostly untouched. I started with Antique Linen, then used Frayed Burlap and last the darkest shade, Vintage Photo. Next i used Frayed Burlap to ink up the edges of my card base and stamped panel.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Crafter's Companion
I adhered the Kraft doily to my card base, then added the stamped panel over it. Last i found some rusted metal stars and used my finger to coil the metal holding the stars together. With a little bit of glue i adhered the stars to my card to finish off my 'vintage' card!

Thanks so much for stopping by!! Make sure you stop by Crafter's Companion to see all the new stamps and embossing folders!!

Dana

2 comments: