Achievements

August 5, 2015

What Did I Come Here For?

Hello!

I hope everyone is having a great day! Today i'm on the Art Impression blog today sharing a card. I'm sure your mojo or creative juices have taken a leave at some point, it happens to all us! When i made this card i was struggling to find my mojo and sometimes just getting over the hurdle of completing a card can help you get your mojo back! It worked for me, after competing this card i went on to make a few more! 

When i make a simple card i like to use a fancy dies, usually ones with stitched borders or different shapes. For this card i cut a stitched rectangle from watercolor paper. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impression

Next i remembered a sentiment that i just thought was so funny from Dare to Be Fabulous, one of the clear stamp sets that can be found at Hobby Lobby. I really wanted to use it and i thought that Norm relaxing in his folding chair was perfect!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impression

I stamped Norm in the right corner and then the sentiment beside it. I colored Norm with distress markers and some water. Last i added the panel to a Kraft card base. 

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impression
I hope that if you mojo is gone my card inspires you to push through it and get that mojo back!!

Thanks for stopping by!

Dana



2 comments:

  1. Ha! I think Norm borrowed that chair from my parent's garage! So fun, Dana! I love that sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Love that sentiment and all the details in the image. We used to have lawn chairs like that.

    ReplyDelete