Achievements

May 30, 2014

Be Inspired Challenge #53 - Take 1


Hi!

Today i have a card for The Alley Way Stamps Be Inspired Challenge #53 Week 2! Its a good one with rainbows!!!  Make sure you stop by and play along, there are prizes to be one and even a guest DT spot for the Be Inspired Challenge!! Here is the inspiration photo:


When i first thought of rainbows and TAWS stamps i think of the set True Colors, not only does it have some great images that go great with rainbows but also great sentiments!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

So i wanted to do something similar with the white on each rainbow color, like the photo and what better to make white on color really stand out but white embossing powder!! I started by pulling out my pigment ink to make my rainbow. I used the biggest and longs point swipe in the set and stamped it repeadidtly in each color. Since i used pigment ink i left it to dry over night, that way my embossing powder would not stick were i didn;t want it to!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Next i used the sentiment Add a Little Color to Every Day. I only stamped one or two words per line, masking off the words i didn;t need to stamp at the time. Then i embossed them with white embossing powder. I added a white enamel dot at the end, kind of like a period. Last i round the bottom corners.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I hope you will stop by the Be Inspired blog and play along!! Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - True Colors
Ink: Memento Luxe - Dandelion, Pear Tart, Teal Zeal, Sweet Plum, Love Letter. Colorbox - Orange
Enamel Dot - MME

2 comments:

  1. Yayyy...for the white embossing powder with the colour washed over top!! Eye-catching!1 I tried a similar technique yesterday and wasn't quite sure whether I should post or not. Seeing yours here, I'm inspired to do so (no laughing allowed, because I also tried water-colour. Yeesh....). Happy Friday, my friend!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally awesome! I love the intense colours - and that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete