Achievements

May 6, 2014

Hey You

Hey there!!

Today i have a card i made for The Curtain Call Challenge - Pretty and Pink. I used the just release Tri-Me stamp set from The Alley Way Stamps!!! I was inspired by the pink and gold in the inspiration photo!!


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I started by inking up a few of the solid triangles from the Tri-Me set in various pink inks. I inked up one tiny triangle in a very light pink, however you almost can't see it! It did look that light when i was making the card!! :D

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I also added a few outline triangles, inking those up in black ink. I also added the sentiment Hey You to the middle of the card.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Since i don't have much gold things running around, i pulled out 3 wood veneer triangles. After i knew where to i wanted them to go, i coated the front of them with a versamark pen and added gold embossing powder. I used tweezers to hold them while i heated the powder (DON'T use your fingers!!) It did take another coat of embossing powder, i think because the versamark soaked into the wood. I also had to heat the powder again after i moved my tweezers to another spot, this took care of the ridges left by the tweezers after melting the 2nd round of powder.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

The embossing powder i used has big granules, so only two coats was needed. If you use a fine powder you might need a 3rd coat depending on out it turns out and how much coverage you like!! :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Tri-Me
Ink: Memento Luxe - Rose Bud, Rhubarb Stalk. A Muse Studio - Shell
Wood Veneer: Studio Calico
Embossing Powder: Stampendous - Antique Gold

9 comments:

  1. What an artistic and beautifully graphic card. The triangles are placed perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Loving the embossed triangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the graphic look of your card as well as the gold embossing. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Dana, I love your take on this inspiration photo! You've pared it down to essential (and very cool!) elements with your colourful triangles and simple sentiment! The gold triangles...swoon!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome, love the bits of gold!
    Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy WOW! this is so trendy and awesome. thanks for playing with us at curtain call!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is fun! I love the embossed veneer - just the perfect touch :)
    Whenever I've done it, I stick the veneer to a piece of scrap cardstock with pop dots, so they'll come off easily after. I always end up using at least 2 coats as well, it just ends up looking smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your take on the Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge, Dana! So cool, fab and trendy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you hear me cheering and applauding that this stunning card is a Curtain Call Show Stopper! Way to go, my friend!! Happy for you!!!
    c

    ReplyDelete