Achievements

May 17, 2014

One More Candle

Hi!!

Another card for Gallery Idol Open Auditions! I remember seeing new stamp recently of these tall candles (i can't remember were i saw it or the company who made it!) but i thinking of it when i was looking at my selection of washi tape. And it turns out i have several colors with poka dots! The poka dots make it really easy to cut the tape into long straight strips!!

So that's what i did, started cutting long strips out of my poka dot washi tape and added them to my card base. I staggered the height and width of the washi tape.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

No candle is complete with out a flame, i don;t have any candle stamps that would go with these (size wise), so i had to make my own!! I drew several with a fine tip pen (and a lot of duds!! hehe!!). I colored them in with distress markers and then cut them out. I added them to each candle washi, tucking them behind the washi tape with a tiny dot of liquid glue to make sure they stayed put!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Next i found a double ended banner from my extra embellishment dish and stamped the sentiment What's one more candle? I also added black rhinestones at each end. I added the banner to my card base with foam dots.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Thanks for stopping by!! Just one more card to enter, decisions, decisions!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: PTI - Wishes Come True
Die: PTI - Double Ended Banner
Washi Tape: Target, Queen & Co, and others
Distress Markers: Black Soot, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade, Mustard Seed

6 comments:

  1. Love the design of this card, those flames look fantastic, the cutting must have been a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is the cutest, cleverest ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy to hear that you are auditioning, Dana! Your talent is worthy and this is a perfect example of that! It's so cool that you made candles out of Washi tape and then hand-drew your perfect flames!! I mean, seriously!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those flames! ANd this is yet another great way to use washi - I'm going to have to remember to case this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How flippin' awesome is this card, Dana! Brilliant way to use the washi, and your hand-drawn flames are outstanding! WOW!! Your talents deserve recognition and I'm soooo glad you're auditioning! Calling 'winner winner' on this gem!
    c

    ReplyDelete