Achievements

May 20, 2014

HB2U Pop

Hi!!

I'm popping in real fast for a card i made for The Curtain Call Challenge! The challenge is called Pajama Party and here is the inspiration photo:


So i remembered i had these little pattern bags and i pulled out the package and yay it had red and blue ones. When i saw the red one, i thought about popcorn, like the one in the inspiration photo. The tricky part?!?! I don't have a popcorn stamp!! However, that was not going to stop me!! I went through my TAWS stamps and sure enough i found a stamp that kind of resembled popcorn (to me any way!! hehehe!)

I found the puff of smoke in the Bubbling Over set (see the red circle below) and thought without the spout it kind of looked enough like popcorn to work. I stamped one, cut off the spout and liked it!! I stamped several more and added some shading with a grey copic marker.


Next i used a stripe stencil and my ink applicator to color the card base. I made the bottom right darker and lighter toward to opposite corner. Then i stamped the HB2U on a small piece of white paper and notched one end. I spelled out and stamped Pop on another piece, notching that end too!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

The the red stripe bag was to tall for my card so i made note of where i wanted it, then scored it and folded it behind it and adhered it with some double sided tape. I stapled the sentiments to the bag and then added it to my card base with foam dots. Last i added the 'popcorn' to the bag and had 2 following out to one side!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Thanks for stopping by!!

Dana

Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Bubbling Over, Veggin Out, Alphabet Soup
Mini Bag: The Paper Studio
Ink: Distress Ink - Faded Jean
Stencil: Heidi Swapp
Marker: Copic - Neutral Gray N0

9 comments:

  1. You are kind of a genius! LOVE how you made popcorn out of clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Dana, you are a genius! What an eye you have for design. That was a brilliant idea to use the lab beaker puff of steam to make your popcorn, which BTW, TOTALLY looks like popcorn. And the gradient coloring on the stencil? Please. You blow me away, girl! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana I love that sentiment! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll echo the others: genius way to create popcorn with your beaker steam-puff stamp! Perfect card for the PJ party theme and perfect card to bring a mega-watt smile to my face. LOVE this!!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  5. aren't you clever! Great use of that image!
    Thanks for joining us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO UTTERLY AWESOME! Love that stamp as popcorn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a creative genius! I love the red striped bag against the pale blue bg...and the bag of popcorn? It is as it should be...overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm popping back to congratulate you on the Showstopper from The Curtain Call for your fun card, Dana!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete