Achievements

May 17, 2014

Thanks So Much

Hello!!

Today i am sharing a card that i am submitting to the Gallery Idol Open Auditions. The Challenge for the open auditions is to use decorative tape in a unique way, which is hard!! For this card i am using washi tape and the paper piecing technique or i guess i should say washi tape piecing! hehe!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I started by stamping two rows with my long flag. Then i stamped the flag several times on some washi tape, then cut them out. I added the washi tape flags to my card base, on every other flag. Then i added 2 strips of grey card stock i found in my extra do-dads dish.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

Next i die cut a piece of paper that i had at one point colored with some melon ink. I added black center to most of the flowers. I added them to the top left row with foam dots. Last i stamped the sentiment in the upper right.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I really love how it turned out! Mint and Melon is a favorite color combo of mine!!

Thanks for stopping by!! I'll be back today or tomorrow with my remaining 2 entries! (Its hard to decided which cards to enter, i still have one idea i'm trying out today!)

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Kellie Stamps - You Are The Best, Reverse Confetti - Lots To Say
Ink: Stazon - Jet Black
Decorative tape: Scotch - Mint Mosaic
Die: A Muse Studio - Tiny Flowers

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful design Dana! I love the colors you chose and that fussy cut washi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely a fresh & springy colour combo - and it is hard to use a ubiquitous supply in a unique way. I think you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wondrous washi-pierced card, Dana! Pretty and clever! It's sure to catch the eye of the GI judges, with the unique direction you've taken. I'll be cheering for you!
    c

    ReplyDelete