Achievements

May 27, 2014

Welcome Little One

Hi!!

I hope everyone at a lovely long weekend!! (at least everyone in the US!!) We had great weather here in Michigan and of course lots of great food! But its the start of a new week and have to get back at it!! It also means the start of my second summer class - Precalculus!! Ugh!! Its going to be a tough couple months that i am not looking forward to, but i got to do and i have to pass!! Ok enough of that!! On to the card!!!

I decided to make a baby card for my stash and i wanted to do a little watercoloring! To use soft yet bright colors i decided to use PTI inks as my watercolors!  To start i stamped one of the star backgrounds from Star of the Show set from The Alley Way Stamps. I stamped it with versamerk ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps
Then i stamped 4 of different baby images from Nap Time (are these not the CUTEST baby images, like ever?!?!) hehehehe, anyway i pulled out my PTI inks and experimented to find the right mix of colors. Generally a light and dark color, then with some water colored the images. I cut them out and set the aside.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

I used the darkest colors from the images to do my background. First i used big brush to wet down my star panel, then i pressed the ink pads onto clear blocks. With a wet paint brush i picked up each color and dabbed it around randomly. When the ink was down i brushed the panel with a wet brush to mix the colors, adding color to particular areas if they needed it!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps

For my sentiment i found a already cut double ended banner. I stamped the Welcome Little One sentiment and added it to my panel with foam dots. I did the same with the baby images once i liked there arrangement. Last i rounded the corners!

I love how the colors turned out!! I hope everyone has a great week! Make sure you stop by later this week as we have a new The Alley Way Stamps release coming up!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: The Alley Way Stamps - Nap Time, Baby Talk, Star of the Show
Ink: PTI - Harvest Gold, Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush, New Leaf, Spring Moss, Lavender Moon, Plum Pudding
Die: PTI - Double Ended Banner
Embossing Powder: Hero Arts - White

4 comments:

  1. This is precious. I didn't realize you were on the TAWS team. Good for them:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So darn cute, Dana! The star background is a perfect pairing for these wee image. A-DOR-A-BLE!! Pre-calculus = not so adorable! You'll do just fine...and when the math becomes too much, just head for the craft room and get the other side of your brain working!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  3. That background...so soft & beautiful & perfect!!!
    Precalculus...made me throw up a little in my mouth. Better you than me, girly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolute perfection Dana! I adore the background of soft, beautiful colors. The baby elements are perfect too...coloring, fussy cutting, dimension...this card is a winner Dana!

    ReplyDelete