Achievements

June 25, 2015

Art Impressions Challenge #162 Red White & Blue

Hello!

Today i'm joining the other ladies on the Art Impressions Design Team for the second week of the AI Red, White, Blue Challenge! You have a till Wednesday to play along and i hope you do!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
For my card i started with my background first. I used distress ink and a small clear acetate sheet to pick up the color and add it to a panel of water color paper. I have really been in the watercolor background mood and this was my first attempt, i have since gotten better in cards i have already shared on my blog. To add more interest the watercolor i added some water to the semi dry ink, which bled the ink out here and there.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

Next i stamped the Art Impressions Eunice on some watercolor paper. I used distress markers to color her, then fussy cut her out. Then i die cut a stitched oval from some white card stock. I added Eunice with foam dots and added some ground at her feet.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
I added the oval to my watercolored card with foam tape and then stamped the You're How Old?! sentiment in the bottom right corner. Last i added three white enamel dots.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you will stop by and play along with us for the Red, White, Blue Challenge!

Dana


6 comments:

  1. This does NOT look like a first attempt at watercolouring!! I love how the background turned out, and the little enamel dots are my favourite embellishment right now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the coolest background EVER!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Dana! Awesome coloring with the distress inks too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this card is sooooo funny! And the bg and colouring so well done!!! Love this...tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background, Dana! And I can't believe you cut out the inside of her earrings! You have some MAD cuttin' skillzzz! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dana you make the best backgrounds! I love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too fun! Love her expression and that great watercolored background!

    ReplyDelete