Achievements

June 10, 2015

#BestDadEver

Hello!!

I'm on the Art Impressions blog today sharing an easy Father's Day card for you! Yes, Father's Day is right around the corner (where has the year gone?!?!) so to help you start thinking about cards for dad's i decided share one with you!!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
First i stamped the guy from The Lawn Ranger set in brown ink on watercolor paper. I colored him up with distress markers and water, then fussy cut him out. Then i set him aside while i made my background.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

I started with a wide strip of white card stock and i used a watercolor technique i learned from Kristina Werner. This is the second or third time tried this background technique and a little practice has helped. I also found that i do better on thick white card stock, rather then watercolor paper. Mainly because the white card stock soaks up the ink and with watercolor paper you have to let it dry (or hit it with an embossing gun to speed dry it!) and well, i tend to play with it to much when its on watercolor paper!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions

But anyway its super easy to do!! I picked out my distress inks (ink that reacts with water work best!) and i smooshed them on a big clear block. I added spritz of water, lots of water!! Then to pick up the ink  i used a small (probably about 4 x 4 or so) piece of acetate, just press it on the block. The ink pools on the acetate! Then press the acetate on your paper. I repeated it several times until i was happy with the look! Since i rarely use all the ink on one background i pulled out other card stock pieces and did a couple more until all my ink was used, now i have a few extra pieces ready to go in the future!!
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Art Impressions
All that was left to do was to stamp my sentiment on a piece of Kraft card stock and assemble my card! I added the watercolor panel to a green card base with foam tape. Hand cut a piece of Kraft card stock to make a ground and adhered it to the bottom of my card. Then adhered the lawn mower guy and my sentiment along with an extra Kraft banner.

Thanks so much for stopping by!!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Art Impressions - The Lawn Ranger
Distress Ink: Wild Honey, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive
Distress Markers
Die: Papertrey Ink - Double Ended Banner

1 comment:

  1. This just rocks! Love the background idea, and I know what you mean about playing too much with the wc paper. Love the expression on this guy's face too :)

    ReplyDelete