Achievements

June 13, 2015

Chase Your Dreams

Hello!

I've playing in the craft room and have made a few cards just for fun! Today i'm sharing one i made for the Essentials by Ellen Mix It Up Challenge. The challenge to use Essentials by Ellen and Altenew products on one project. I used Ellen's Zipper Panel and Altenew's Ori Kami and Thoughts & Reminders stamp sets.


Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew
I started by die cutting a stitched rectangle from white card stock. Next i stamped the origami butterfly several times on the panel.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew

For my watercolor look i used a cool technique i saw on Kristina's Werner's blog. I pressed three Distress Ink pads onto a big clear block, then spritz it heavily with water. With a small piece of clear acetate i pressed it on the block to pick up some ink, then pressed it on my butterfly panel. I find i get better results with regular card stock rather then watercolor (i probably need to practice a tad more!! hehehe!) Just make sure its thick card stock as i am sure thin wouldn;t be able to handle the a lot of water.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew

While the panel was drying i die cut the Congrats word that comes with the Zipper Panel die. I cut it three times from white card stock and once from black. Then i ran three of the words through my sticker maker to make adhering the layers together easier.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew

When the panel was good to go i stamped the sentiment from Altenew's Thoughts & Reminders in the bottom right corner. Next i adhered the congrats just above it and last added the panel to a white card base.
Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Altenew

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you have a great weekend!!

Dana


2 comments: