Achievements

June 5, 2015

Happy Birthday

Hello!

Today i am sharing a card i made for Pretty Pink Posh's Watercolor Blog Hop!  I'm not the greatest at watercoloring, but i like using them with stencils!!

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black
I started by cutting a stitched rectangle from watercolor paper and placing a stencil over it, holding it in place with washi tape. Instead of traditional watercolor, i used distress markers by coloring them on a clear block and adding water.

I painted the open areas of the stencil, even though it bleeds under the stencil i really love the messy look you end up with! I set the panel aside to dry so i could work on my image.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black




























Next i stamped the sweet little girl and cat from Penny Black on some watercolor paper. I did the same thing with distress markers and water as i did with the background to color the girl and cat. Then i fussy cut her and inked the edges with a black marker. A little tip, for the inside areas, like between her arms and the banner. I start with these areas first with a tiny craft knife, the card stock on the other side helps support your cutting versus if you cut all the way around first.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black

For the sentiment i cut a banner from some black chalk board pattern paper. Then i stamped and embossed the Happy Birthday with white embossing powder.

Dana Warren - Kraft Paper Stamps - Penny Black
Then i added the banner, girl and cat to my watercolor panel with foam tape. I adhered the panel to a dark purple card base. Last i added a few pink and white sequins to the background.

Thanks so much for visiting! I'm looking forward to see all the watercolor ideas!!

Dana

Supplies
Stamps: Penny Black - A Little Bird..., Cool Chicks
Distress Markers
Stencil: My Favorite Things - Scattered Bars
Sequins: Neat & Tangled - Sweetheart Mix
Dies: Papertrey Ink - Double Ended Banner. My Favorite Things - Blueprint #13

24 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so cute))) your card is so girly (am I right to use such a word?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the background and our images are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, how cute is this!!! I love the sweet design you've created with this card, perfectly done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so sweet! The watercolor background is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable, Dana! I'm so tickled that we both bravely watercolored using a stencil and I just love how your's turned out! It's made a perfect background for that sweetie pie and her kitty festooned with ribbon!! It's lovely to see you again and I'm sorry I've been such a stranger! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background of this card is amazing! I'm going to have to try it :)

    Sally ¦ wheelingalong stamps

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, it is so pretty. Love the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, how adorable is this?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My!!! This is wayyy too cute!! Love everything about this!! Your background id phenomenal and your coloring is beautigully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh! She's precious!! Love this ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute! Love the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful!! I'm in love with that stamp! Thanks for sharing! ~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable!! What a fun background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun and adorable card - love the background and I think that image is just so sweet!! Awesome!! I would like to invite you to come to my blog where I am hosting a giveaway!! daisiesgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Super cute. I love the background. Just enough to be noticed but not take away from the adorable little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooo cute! I love the color combination..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute image! I love her, great fussy cutting! The background looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is just the cutest! Congrats on the Penny Black Facebook mention!

    ReplyDelete
  19. See now I've gotta try this too! I've sponged with stencils after watercolouring but never tried directly with the stencil. Darn you and your amazing ideas anyway!!! :D

    ReplyDelete